Friday, January 7, 2011

Quick update

So I didn't post my last appointment's progression, so this is just a quick note about it. On Monday, I went ahead and had the doctor check me again, just so I had something to hang onto as far as "progress." I had dilated to 3cm and I suspect I am even more now. I'm 37 weeks and 2 days and would love to be done any day now. I guess I've started counting on coming 2 weeks early every time. Bless all you other ladies that last to 40 weeks and beyond. I'm ready to be done. My babies are big enough as it is at two weeks early. I don't need them hanging out and packing on the pounds.

I have an appointment on Monday again and I am anxious to see where I am at that point. I guess once I know for sure if my body is close to being ready, I can make a better decision as to having the doctor strip my membranes or not. I really feel that my body knows best when to have the baby and I don't want to interfere and make delivery any harder than it needs to be.

I picked up a nice head cold over the last couple days. Exciting! Hope I can beat that before D-day comes because that just complicates everything. I started taking the herbal supplement T-5W. I am curious to see if it holds up to everyone's high recommendations. Also, I washed our bedding and put on BRAND NEW sheets. Maybe that will encourage my water to break. Haha. And maybe I should go pack that hospital bag . . .

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to remember your washing the sheets trick ;) Sorry about the head cold. I caught one right before Lane was born and it drug on an on and on, which is exactly what you don't want when you're already exhausted from labor, delivery, and taking care of a newborn. I really hope you get over it quick so you don't have to deal with that! I hope all goes well and quickly for you :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I hope your little one comes soon. I do have to say that I'm jealous. At 37 weeks I dilated to 1 cm and didn't change any more after that until inducing at 41 weeks. Best of luck for your next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Huge change from your last pregnancy update ;) going from little baby bump to 37 weeks!

    Can't wait to see the little critter. I hope you post pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete