Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Disappointing

I had such high hopes for my appointment yesterday. I guess that should be a lesson to me: Never count on things going as you plan them.

Yesterday morning I was dilated to 4 cm. More progress from last week, yes, but disappointing at the same time. Last baby, I was a 7 at this point, so I went ahead and had the doctor break my water for Mesa. But here I sit, water intact, dilated to a 4, Braxton-Hicks contractions coming almost constantly, and still nothing solid to go on.

So, I didn't have him strip my membranes. I thought my body obviously needed some more time, so I'll sit it out some more. I have another appointment next Monday. If I make it that long, I will have surpassed my other two pregnancies in length. Not a pleasant thought. The doctor doesn't think I'll make it that long, but I am trying not to get my hopes up and be disappointed again.

I also got an ultrasound yesterday because when the doctor checked me, he was afraid he couldn't feel the head in the right position as it had been at all my previous checkups. He thought it was the neck, but the ultrasound revealed a VERY healthy, getting VERY chubby, baby, head down, but with no intention of leaving her watery home soon.

Not the best shot, but already stubborn!


No comments:

Post a Comment