Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Taste of Russian Driving

Like I have said before, Russians are crazy drivers. I'm not sure I can even articulate how nerve-racking it is to drive sometimes. Shane's wreck was as close as I want to get to experiencing the negative side of sharing the road here. In fact, just yesterday, there was a wreck by our house, almost exactly where Shane's was. Unfortunately, this one ended badly. From what information I gathered, it sounded like a guy on a motorbike was squished between two vehicles and did not survive. It was just on the other side of the trees from me, and I didn't hear a thing. I only saw all the officials on the road and in the trees by my house for hours after it occurred. Very sad.

So, on a more positive note, I want to share some of my favorite "Russian driving" videos I have been collecting that illustrate my point. Especially since the still-photo pictures I've been taking of our close calls, just don't do it justice.

**Disclaimer: For any of you that speak Russian, please do not hold me responsible if there is any foul language in any of the clips. I wouldn't know to censor it. =) **



Source


Here is another one.

Source


And I just can't wait for winter driving and then we can try and survive this:


Our awesome interpreter shared a couple more links to Russian driving, so I had to add another one.


I have my "Russian Driver's License" but I just don't know if I'm quite up to driving yet.

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Word. That is terrifying!! I am pretty sure I would do anything I could do stay away from the roads. How scary.

    ReplyDelete