Monday, November 23, 2009

Six months already


Mesa went in for her 6 month well-baby check-up at the beginning of the month. (It's taken me so long to post this that she is only a few days shy of 7 months--unbelievable). She is growing a lot -- I know, because she is getting super heavy to pack around. It's no wonder my hips are always out of wack, when they are always cocked one way or the other with almost 20 lbs latched to them. I take that back, not latched, more like balanced, because for some reason my children don't know how to hold onto ME, I'm always holding onto THEM. So anyway, here are some stats:

Weight: 18.5 lbs  (90th percentile)
Height: 27-3/4 in  (95th percentile)
Head: Sorry, didn't catch what she said.
I was trying to entertain Rain at the moment.



This little girl is just as loveable as the first one. Mesa is actually probably more laid back than Rain was. Mesa likes to chill with Daddy and she is very forgiving of Rain who tries to love and take care of her, but does a good job of mauling and squishing, sprinkled with hugs and kisses. Rain even occasionally shares her binky with Mesa. Pure sister love, that's all I can say.



Mesa LOVES to eat graham crackers. She has an obsession with food. She eats at least two HUGE bowls of cereal with applesauce or a pack of baby food--and screams when it's gone. At in the middle of there she eats pieces of bread, mom, bananas, graham crackers, mom, and anything else she can get her little chubby fingers on. She is getting more precise at grabbing things between her finger and thumb.

She has kept me up at night a lot lately but hopefully those stubborn teeth will poke through and we will once more see a little less of each other during the wee hours of the night. Last night was a major improvement since she had very little sleep throughout the day and was exhausted. But I still love her to pieces and her little giggles make it all worth it.  

1 comment:

  1. Mesa is so cute! Your girls have such long pretty eyelashes. I love reading about all your adventures.

    ReplyDelete